1. Protecting your privacy
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We offer email contact forms instead of your email address if you wish, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
- CommunityQUEST does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If CommunityQUEST learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, CommunityQUEST will remove that post.
- CommunityQUEST, or people who post on CommunityQUEST, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails.
- For paid "Featured" postings, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- CommunityQUEST does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it when you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on CommunityQUEST's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the CommunityQUEST site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of CommunityQUEST postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with CommunityQUEST - including archive.org, google.com, and yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available CommunityQUEST postings.
5. Circumstances in which CommunityQUEST may release information
- CommunityQUEST may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
If you would like to leave your feedback regarding this document, please do so by going to our Contact Form.